[Btrfs-devel] Device concatenation pushed out to the (really really) unstable tree

Chris Mason chris.mason at oracle.com
Tue Mar 25 13:57:29 PDT 2008

Ok, I've just pushed out raid0 as well.  The current code stripes across all
the devices present in the FS all the time.  Even though tuning has been very
limited, the performance in my limited testing is the same as building on top
of an LVM or hardware stripe set.

The next step is to implement mirroring, that will take a little longer
because it is slightly more complex.

After that comes the harder work of making sure everything gets mirrored
properly, and making policies for which bytes get put on which type of
extents.

-chris