[Btrfs-devel] Compression?

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 23:26:43 PDT 2007

On 6/29/07, Chris Mason <chris.mason at oracle.com> wrote:
> It would be a disk format change right now, but we've still got a number
> of those pending.  I'm definitely interested in compression as a
> feature, but I haven't quite worked out the best way to do it yet in my
> head.

i'd vote on encryption before compression. transparent encryption
would be a huge seller and a lot harder to accomplish than
compression. lots of data is already compressed; compression won't be
a benefit to 100% of the data, but encryption would. not to mention
adding additional line items to the brtfs feature set that set it
apart...

- mike