[Btrfs-devel] Reply-to address not set for mailing list.

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Tue Jun 26 06:24:17 PDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 03:22:08PM +0200, Frank Groeneveld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know who set up this mailing list, but it would be very
> useful to setup a reply-to address for all messages sent to the
> mailing list. I've seen it happen more than once, that people just
> click reply and the message is only sent to the original poster,
> meaning that it doesn't show up on the mailing list.
> Most mailing lists are configured in a way, that the reply-to address
> is set to the mailinglist address, so that you can just hit reply in
> your mail application.

That depends heavily on your audience. In kernel land people are used to
this kind of setup (see LKML). The advantage is that with your favorit
mailers functions (reply and group reply) you can decide whom you want
to answer. When setting the list into the "Reply-To:" you can not. Replying
just to the author will need editing the address manually.

And yes - Most LKML heackers like to get emails on the list and
additionally in private as most are heavy email users and following a
thread you participated in is easier when mails get delivered in you
inbox and not some list folder you look at every now and then.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little