[Btrfs-devel] checksum errors

Josef Bacik jwhiter at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 12:07:10 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm getting errors when I mount a freshly mkfs'ed btrfs filesystem

btrfs: dm-2 checksum verify failed on 4

and so on for however many roots were created.  It looks to be because mkfs
doesn't create checksums for the roots when its making the filesystem, so all of
them will have null checksum feilds at first, until eventually they get
populated by somebody writing or something like that.  Should mkfs be creating
these checksums when its first creating the filesystem?  Just want to know so I
know where I should be trying to fix this, or if I should mess with it at all.
Thank you,

Josef