[Btrfs-devel] Anyone working on xattr support?

Zach Brown zab at zabbo.net
Tue Jul 31 15:29:01 PDT 2007

> For the large xattr case, it would actually point to an inode that
> would work just like a normal file.

This makes me nervous, maybe we should talk about this point in more
detail.  I don't like the idea of bringing all the per-file posix api
nonsense in the inode (i_uid, i_mode, etc) just so that xattrs can store
data.

I guess I'm hoping for structures with a finer granularity than that.

I care because of the unfun time I had with fsck.ocfs2.  It has to jump
through hoops to figure out when certain fields in an inode could be
ignored or not based on what that internal "inode" (sometimes only a few
fields!) was really being used for.

- z