[Berkeley DB Announce] Patch Release: Berkeley DB Java Edition 5.0.55

Announcements related to the Berkeley DB product family. bdb at oss.oracle.com
Mon Jun 11 11:23:18 PDT 2012

Berkeley DB Java Edition 5.0.55

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/berkeley-db/index.html   (BDB
product page)
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/overview/index.html (BDB
overview)
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/overview/index-093405.html
(BDB JE overview)

Berkeley DB Java Edition 5.0.55 is a patch release consisting of fixes
for a number of issues. We strongly recommend that users of the 5.0.x
version upgrade to this release. These fixes include:

  * [#21537]  Fixed a critical bug that causes a database to be entirely
    deleted after a crash (or abnormal shutdown, i.e., when not calling
    Environment.close). The bug occurs when the database is renamed just
    prior to the crash (or abnormal shutdown). This bug was introduced
    in JE 5.0.48.
  * [#21492]  Fixed an inefficiency in the Checkpointer which manifests
    itself as a large amount of time being spent in
    |com.sleepycat.je.recovery.DirtyINMap.removeNextNode()| calling
    |java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.remove()| calling
    |java.util.HashMap.removeEntryForKey()|.
  * [#21106] An enhancement has been made to |DbVerify| to show a
    histogram of BIN counts by utilization percentage.This is a sample
    of the output:

    Verifying database p10
    Checking tree for p10
    BTree: Composition of btree, types and counts of nodes.
             binCount=3,207
             binEntriesHistogram=[40-49%: 3,093; 50-59%: 10; 60-69%: 22; 70-79%: 26;
    80-89%: 21; 90-99%: 35]
             binsByLevel=[level 1: count=3,207]
             deletedLNCount=0
             inCount=49
             insByLevel=[level 2: count=48; level 3: count=1]
             lnCount=209,716
             mainTreeMaxDepth=3

Find the complete list of changes in the change log.

http://download.oracle.com/otndocs/products/berkeleydb/html/je/je-5.0.55_changelog.html

Read the detailed product documentation included in the download package
or on the web.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/downloads/index-098622.html

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17277_02/html/index.html

Download the source code.

http://download.oracle.com/otn/berkeley-db/je-5.0.55.tar.gz
http://download.oracle.com/otn/berkeley-db/je-5.0.55.zip
http://download.oracle.com/maven/com/sleepycat/je/5.0.55/je-5.0.55.pom

Review the frequently asked questions (FAQs):

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/je-faq-096044.html

Join OTN and participate in the Berkeley DB JE Support Forum
discussions. Our engineering and support staff are highly active on
these forums, if you have questions please ask them there first.

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=273

For further information, or questions about licensing and sales of JE,
please contact us at:

mailto:berkeleydb-info_us at oracle.com

Thank you for your support of Berkeley DB Java Edition.

Regards,
Anuj Sahni