[Berkeley DB Announce] Berkeley DB XML 2.5.13

Announcements related to the Berkeley DB product family. bdb at oss.oracle.com
Wed Sep 16 09:47:31 PDT 2009

Information about Berkeley DB XML:

http://www.oracle.com/database/berkeley-db/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/xml/

Product Downloads:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/berkeley-db/index.html

http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/dbxml-2.5.13.tar.gz
http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/dbxml-2.5.13.zip
http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/dbxml-2.5.13.msi

Product Release Overview:

Berkeley DB XML 2.5.13 is a major new revision of Berkeley DB XML with many new features and enhancements including:

* Berkeley DB XML will guess what indexes might speed up your queries based on XML document shape and content anticipating potential query patterns and pre-indexing them to speed up query execution and lower developer effort.

* 30% reduction of XML database containers on disk using the new Berkeley DB Compression APIs and a custom compression algorithm optimized for XML data.

* New XQuery extension support enabling integration with XQuery scripting services.

* The complete list of changes can also be found in the change log page.
  http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/xml/ref_xml/changelog/2.5.html

Product Documentation:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/xml/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/faq/xml_faq.html

Community, the Oracle Technology Network:

General Berkeley DB XML Questions:
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=274

We welcome you to join the Oracle Technology Network (OTN) and ask questions in the Berkeley DB XML Support Forum. Our support and engineering staff monitor these forums and we're very happy to clear up any questions you have about the products.

Product Licensing, Sales, and Other Questions:

mailto:berkeleydb-info_us at oracle.com

Thank you for your support of Berkeley DB XML.

-greg

Greg Burd | Senior Product Manager | Oracle Berkeley DB