[Berkeley DB Announce] Berkley DB Java Edition 3.3.74 - Patch Release

Announcements related to the Berkeley DB product family. bdb at oss.oracle.com
Tue Oct 21 11:15:27 PDT 2008

Berkeley DB Java Edition 3.3.74
  http://www.oracle.com/database/berkeley-db/
  http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/
  http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/je/

Berkeley DB Java Edition 3.3.74 is a patch release consisting of fixes for a number of significant issues. We strongly recommend that users of Berkeley DB Java Edition upgrade to this release.

In particular we've fixed a potential data loss bug [#16523] that could cause LogFileNotFoundException in large databases where data is permanently lost. This bug can only occur in databases where a Btree's depth is > 3.  The database must be at least 10 million records to be a candidate for this problem when using the default maximum entries per Btree node (128). This is only an approximation and the issue may occur under different circumstances when not using the default value of 128 (by calling DatabaseConfig.setNodeMaxEntries() to change that value).  Contact us on our OTN Forum to inquire further about this issue, please reference [#16523] in your post's subject line.  NOTE: This problem is found in all prior releases of JE.

The complete list of changes in 3.3.74 is listed in the change log.

  http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/je/changeLog.html

Product documentation can be found at:

  http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/je/ and
  http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/docs/je/3.3.74

Downloads at:

  http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/je-3.3.74.zip
  http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/je-3.3.74.tar.gz
  http://download.oracle.com/maven/com/sleepycat/je/3.3.74/je-3.3.74.pom

Scanning through our frequently asked questions (FAQs) is a good idea if you are new to JE (or even if you're an expert). Please take a minute to review them here:

  http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/faq/je_faq.html

Then join OTN and participate in the Berkeley DB JE Support Forum discussions. Our engineering and support staff are highly active on these forums, if you have questions please ask them there first.

  http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=273

For further information, or questions about licensing and sales of JE, please contact us at:

  mailto:berkeleydb-info_us at oracle.com

Thank you for your support of Berkeley DB Java Edition,

-greg

Greg Burd | Senior Product Manager
Oracle Berkeley DB | ORACLE United States