[Berkeley DB Announce] Berkeley DB XML 2.3.10 - Patch Update - A total of eight (8) now required.

bdb at oss.oracle.com bdb at oss.oracle.com
Fri Oct 26 09:05:03 PDT 2007

Patch Notice:

Berkeley DB XML development has been active and we have identified a total
of eight (8) issues in the 2.3.10 release.  We have corrected these issues
with source code patches that you must apply to our code before you
configure and build Berkeley DB XML.  Please note that the Windows binary
installers do *not* install patched libraries or tools (we apologies for
this).  If you are working with Berkeley DB XML on Windows you will need to
patch the source, then re-build the binaries according to the Windows build
instructions in the documentation.

We appreciate the community's help finding these issues and the patience you
have shown as we correct them.

The issues addressed are:

1. Certain runtime errors during query execution when using modules cause a
double free.
2. Fixed a bug which incorrectly reported an error for fractional seconds
when the seconds filed was "59".
3. Fix a problem with XmlIndexLookup where a GT lookup that happens to start
with the last entry in the index might return results when it should return
none.
4. Improved query performance for queries consisting of a simple path and
predicate.
5. Improved index utilisation for user defined functions that are called
more than once in the query.
6. Certain predicates containing "or" and an unoptimizable sub-expression do
not optimize correctly.
7. Fixes several problems with XmlModify, including a SEGV that can occur
when removing a last child element that has leading text. [#15615]
8. Bug in statistics calculation for substring indexes, that could result in
a crash. [#15823]

The patches can be found here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/xml/update/2.3.10/patc
h.2.3.10.html

If you are running Berkeley DB XML 2.3.10 we recommend that you download all
eight patches, and save them within the dbxml-2.3.10 directory. Then use the
'patch' utility from within the distribution directory.

% cd dbxml-2.3.10
% patch -p1 < patch.2.3.10.1
% patch -p1 < patch.2.3.10.2

  ...and so on, for all 8 patches.

Questions about this patch, applying it, or other Berkeley DB XML issues are
welcome on the OTN forum.

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=274

regards,

-greg

Gregory Burd                                     greg.burd at oracle.com
Product Manager, Berkeley DB/JE/XML              Oracle Corporation