[Berkeley DB Announce] Berkeley DB 4.6

bdb at oss.oracle.com bdb at oss.oracle.com
Tue Jul 24 08:45:59 PDT 2007

Berkeley DB 4.6.18
http://www.sleepycat.com/products/db.html

Berkeley DB 4.6 is a major new release of Berkeley DB with many new
features, enhancements, and fixes.  We recommend that all users review
these new features and consider upgrading to 4.6.

NEW IN RELEASE 4.6

   - Increased Performance-more efficient mutex implementation,
     and faster hash access method

   - Increased ease of use-quick start tool for developers to
     generate schema and configuration, new features such as cache
     size adjustment during runtime, cache operation prioritization,
     and replica-private temporary databases

   - Increased portability-additional support for Windows CE, S60
     and BREW, and simple platform verification tools to ease porting

For a complete list of changes in this release please review the change log.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/db/ref/changelog/4.6.html

Download the source code or a pre-compiled Windows binary installer
along with complete documentation and our entire test suite at:

Berkeley DB 4.6.18 .tar.gz, with AES encryption (11.5M)
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.6.18.tar.gz

Berkeley DB 4.6.18 .zip, with AES encryption (14.9M)
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.6.18.zip

Berkeley DB 4.6.18 .msi Windows installer, with AES encryption (16.2M)
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.6.18.msi

Berkeley DB 4.6.18 .tar.gz for VxWorks, with AES encryption (52.1M)
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.6.18CD.tar.gz

Berkeley DB 4.6.18 NC.tar.gz , without encryption (11.4M)
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.6.18NC.tar.gz

Berkeley DB 4.6.18 .NC.zip, without encryption (14.8M)
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.6.18.NC.zip

Berkeley DB 4.6.18 VxWorks CD.NC.tar.gz, without encryption (51.9M)
   http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.6.18CD.NC.tar.gz

For further information, please contact us at:

mailto:berkeleydb-info_us at oracle.com

Join OTN today and participate in the Berkeley DB Support Forum and
discussions.  Our engineering and support staff are highly active on
these forums, if you have questions please ask them there first.

General Questions
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=271

Questions on HA/Replication
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=272

Thank you for your support of Berkeley DB.

regards,

-greg

Gregory Burd                                     greg.burd at oracle.com
Product Manager, Berkeley DB/JE/XML              Oracle Corporation